history • key
contacts • model of care
see what people are saying about Kolburne
To provide a safe, caring, therapeutic environment where students
with psychiatric, educational, and social challenges can best develop
the skills and character necessary to rejoin their communities with
Beliefs and Values:
We believe that the quality of our student care depends upon:
- Forging positive interpersonal relationships
- Integrating our treatment services, school-wide
- Assuming our responsibilities with accountability
- Supporting the development of our staff
- Caring for the quality of our environment
Goals and Objectives:
- To provide psychoeducational treatment services that are conducive
to positive student growth within a highly structured, consistent
therapeutic residential environment.
- To provide interdisciplinary treatment teams that systematically
develop, implement, and monitor our students' individual education
and treatment plans.
- To provide educational, clinical, and residential programs
that promote our students' development of competence and mastery
of fundamental academic, vocational, interpersonal, and social
skills necessary to compete positively upon return to their home
- To promote character development among our student population
through a comprehensive program that is founded upon mutual trustworthiness,
respect, responsibility, caring, fairness, and citizenship.
- To assure the effective delivery of treatment services through
staff support, supervision, training, and educational opportunities.